Monday, May 20, 2013

Afternoon Coffee Break

Thanks to Gevalia and House Party  I had a great afternoon with friends!

First, if you don't know what House Party is, you need to check it out! Basically they help companies (like Gevalia) to find specific groups of people to try out their products. They do this by having "hosts" apply for parties. It is free to sign up and all you have to do is share! Share a little about you, share photos and videos, share House Party and selected companies on social media and share with your friends. If you are selected to host a party, you are given a party pack that contains fantastic items to share with your party guests! Click the link above to find out if there is a party you would be interested in!

Secondly, if you have never heard of Gevalia, you definitely need to try it! Why? Because Gevalia is the best coffee. Period. I was introduced to Gevalia Kaffe about 10 years ago and prefer it over any other coffee out there. They use to be a coffee club here in the states but originated in Sweden way back in 1853. Now you can find their coffee in the isles of your local stores, although their online store has more variety.

And now onto the party deets!

My Gevalia House Party Pack included a bag of their house blend, which is a medium roast, to share with all the party goers. It also included stainless steel travel mugs, signature coffee scoops and coupons galore! There was 2 coupons for a free bag of coffee so I gave those to the last 2 guests to leave. Due to the craziness of the past week (graduations, last days of school, etc.) not a lot could make it but we had a good time anyway. There was 6 of us, 2 were a couple friends from my high school years, we reconnected through facebook last year so it was good to catch up with them.

It was a fairly hot day and my A/C wasn't working properly at first I chose to have iced coffee. Thankfully my hero dad came over and found a blown fuse so we ended up with a nice cool house. So we had ice coffee with the House Blend and I also brewed up Gevalia's Raspberry Danish which
was on sale last month and thought it would be a great addition. My friends tried and loved both! And since then I have had about 6 glasses of iced coffee!!!!!

What goes better with coffee and conversation than sweet goodness!? Nothing! Since Gevalia is a Swedish delight I decided to make Scandinavian treats to go along. I made swedish rolls with Lingonberry preserves, Ischoklad (translation is "Ice Chocolate"), rosettes and bought some ginger snaps. I also prepared fruit in waffle cones with a cream cheese dip. Everything was awesome!

My friends had a great time. They loved the coffee and snacks but what made it fantastic was to be able to take a couple hours away from it all and relax. At first I was worried because I know how busy everyone is and wasn't sure anyone would be able to make it. It all worked out, had fun myself and felt more refreshed. I love taking time out with friends.

Now, to figure out how to get the huge frosting stain off the basement floor where the kids were decorating their own cookies.


Genesis 3:8a When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment